How to own 100% of your house

People looking to handle the legal work in a shared ownership staircasing process need to hire a solicitor. The housing association who partly owns the property being purchased need to know the details of the solicitor. Shared ownership staircasing is when a person buys more than their pre-existing shares in their shared ownership property. It can also refer to the process of paying off a chunk of a help to buy equity loan. Usually fragments of 10% to 25% are bought from the housing association, this can be done 3 times. Staircasing in steps is called [atrial staircasing, when an individual buys enough shares in one go to own 100% it is referred to as full staircasing. This process cannot start without a valuation to determine the remaining payments. (more…)