To cure a person of any kind of addiction, it is mandatory to get him admitted in a rehab and treatment centre with programs having a holistic approach to the same. Since a holistic approach helps heal a person’s body and soul it is the preferred method as any kind of addiction brings both mental and physical changes in a person.
Different types of treatments offered
There are many types of treatments offered by treatment centres like Seasons in Malibu, which cater to different types and conditions of addictions. Depending on the type of treatment required these programs can be categorised into:
- Residential treatment programs: These types of programs cater to people suffering from severe addiction to either drugs or alcohol. The associated therapy is also very intensive and conducted under strict supervision. The number of days required may range from 30 to 90 days depending on the severity of the addiction and the time required to completely cure it.
- Partial hospitalisation: These programs are for people who suffer from addictions which are not severe enough to warrant residential treatment. The usual time spent at the treatment centre may range from 3 to 5 days a week each day requiring a 4 to 6 hour stay.
- Intensive outpatient programs: Even though these are not live-in programs, they still require a major time commitment on the part of the person addicted. Focussing on prevention of relapses on the part of the person addicted, these programs generally run for 2 to 4 hours a day for a minimum of 3 days a week.
- Counselling: This is a type of follow-up or support treatment give to individuals, families or groups as a whole to
- Identify the basic cause of the addiction,
- Repair strained relationships and
- Learn ways and means to cope with the provocation in a healthy manner without succumbing to it.
- Sober living programs: All treatment centres like Seasons in Malibu, follow up their intensive residential programs with a sober living program. In this a recovering addict gets to live in a drug-free environment with other people recovering from addiction.
- Brief intervention programs: These programs are generally designed to warn people who have even the slightest chance of getting addicted to drugs and alcohol. Herein strategies to keep oneself safe from the harmful effects of any type of addictions are discussed and ways and means to overcome the problem is discussed.
Whatever the type of addiction, there is always a treatment program available to overcome. But one needs to have enough willpower to take the first step towards it.